Website Privacy Statement
The New Brunswick Securities Commission is committed to respecting privacy and protecting personal information. We manage and protect personal information, including personal information collected over our website, according to the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Securities Act and our Commission policies, directives and procedures.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not automatically gather personal information through our website. We do, however, collect personal information from individuals who visit our website in the following cases:
- when individuals use the Contact Us feature on our website in order to respond to their requests;
- when individuals file a complaint with the Commission in order to respond to their concerns;
- when applicants apply for job postings;
- when individuals use the Subscribe feature on our website in order to receive emails with information on various topics;
- when we receive requests for information on our voluntary programs and services designed to benefit individuals such as investor education;
- when individuals register for our education and training sessions such as Learning the Ropes;
- when individuals comment on proposed rules published for public comment.
The Commission will only collect personal information needed to provide you with online services or products you have requested. Collection will only take place with your consent or in circumstances where your conduct has implied your consent, and you will be informed of the purpose and authority for its collection and use. In addition, if you provide us with your personal information, it will only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected or, in limited circumstances, in accordance with the Right to Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We protect personal information by incorporating security measures against such risks as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure or disposal of personal information. Security measures are integrated into the design and implementation of our day-to-day operating practices as part of our continuing commitment to the protection of personal information.
Data transmitted over the Internet is not guaranteed to be secure. We do not guarantee, warrant or represent that your personal information will be transmitted securely or protected completely against interception, loss, misuse or alteration. We accept no responsibility or liability for any damages that may result if personal information we transmit or that is sent to us through the Internet is intercepted, lost, misused or altered.
Links to External Websites
All questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement or any of our policies, directives or procedures related to privacy should be addressed to the Privacy Officer at the address below:
85 Charlotte Street, Suite 300
Saint John, New Brunswick